In the time I have worked with our accounts manager at AmCheck, I have received nothing but prompt responses and ready assistance as I learned how to navigate the AmCheck software & website. - Catherine D
OSHA 300 Log
- Published on Thu | 26 Jan 2012
OSHA 300 Log/Annual Summary Must be Posted by February 1, 2012
AmCheck reminds customers that their OSHA 300 Log must be completed, certified, and posted in a conspicuous place by February 1, 2012.
The log must be completed by any employer who had 11 or more employees at any time during 2011.
• Total the columns on the OSHA 300 Log. (If no recordable cases occurred, enter zeros for each column total.)
• Enter the calendar year covered.
• Enter the company name.
• Enter the establishment name.
• Enter the establishment address.
• Enter the annual average number of employees covered by the OSHA 300 Log.
• Enter the total hours worked by all employees covered by the OSHA 300 Log.
• For companies using an equivalent form other than the OSHA 300-A summary form, as permitted under § 1904.6(b)(4), the summary used must also include the employee access and employer penalty statements found on the OSHA 300-A Summary form.
A company executive must certify the log.
• Select a company executive: The executive must be 1) an owner of the company (only if the company is a sole proprietorship or partnership), 2) an officer of the corporation, 3)the highest ranking company official working at the establishment, or 4) the immediate supervisor of the highest ranking company official working at the establishment.
• Have the executive certify the log. The company executive must certify that he or she has examined the OSHA 300 Log and that he or she reasonably believes, based on his or her knowledge of the process by which the information was recorded, that the annual summary is correct and complete.
Post a copy of the log.
• Post a copy of the annual summary in each establishment in a conspicuous place or places where notices to employees are customarily posted.
• Verify that the log is not altered, defaced or covered by other material.